The Northeast Problem Gambling Resource Center is a program of the New York Council on Problem Gambling, which is funded by the New York State Office of Addiction Services and Supports. The Northeast PGRC is dedicated to addressing the issue of problem gambling within the Northeastern New York region through increasing public awareness and connecting those adversely affected with services that can help them.
The Northeast Problem Gambling Resource Center is dedicated to the positive transformation of lives harmed by problem gambling. This vision of transformation includes individuals with a gambling problem as well as their families and communities. With a focus on supporting the individual and reducing barriers to care, the Northeast PGRC is truly the premier organization providing problem gambling services in the Northeastern region of New York State.
The Problem Gambling Resource Centers provide services that focus on raising awareness of problem gambling and advocating for those in need. These services are available to anyone struggling with gambling related problems, regardless of their ability to pay. These services are multilingual since we strive to meet the needs of all individuals in each community. Even if you aren’t quite sure what you are looking for, please call us. We are here to listen and provide you with information and resources.
Education & Training- The Problem Gambling Resource Centers offer training and pertinent educational resources to a range of public and private agencies including community organizations, partnering clinicians and gaming industry employees. We are excited by any opportunity to raise awareness and tailor our educational programs to your audience.
Referral- The Problem Gambling Resource Centers inform the general public about problem gambling and are contacted by individuals from all areas seeking information and assistance. Knowledgeable PGRC staff listen, evaluate and then connect these individuals to the resource that will best meet their needs.
Assessment- Problem Gambling Resource Centers’ licensed professionals perform standardized assessments of all referred clients and use the information to map a course of treatment and determine any additional needs.
Treatment- Problem Gambling Resource Centers’ licensed professionals provide problem gambling treatment to individuals directly suffering from problem gambling, as well as family members who are adversely affected.
Recovery Support- Clients may also be referred to recovery support services such as Gamblers Anonymous and GAM-ANON. These 12-step, self-help groups provide support for clients and their families.
Northeast PGRC Team:
- Brandy Richards Team Leader
- Amy McBride Program Manager
- Robin Fetterman Program Manager
- Adam O'Brien LMHC, CASAC - Chatham
- Mabatho Lucia Matima LCSW - Valatie
- Krystal Gleason LMHC - Glens Falls
- Joseph Mc Kay LCSW-R, CASAC - Glens Falls and Malta
- Jessica Wright LMHC, CASAC - Albany
- Richard Morey LCSW, CASAC - Ballston Spa
- Helen Lynch LCSW-R - Albany, Schenectady & Saratoga
- Howard Halligan CASAC, GLMHC - Delmar
- Zach Forbes LCSW, PLLC - Latham
- Timothy Crumley LMHC - Saratoga Springs
- Mary Ann Badenoch LMHC - Ticonderoga
- Valerie Ainsworth LCSW-R - West Chazy
- Jackie Torrance LMHC - Wilmington
- Diana Ashton LCSW - Troy
- Elizabeth Iseman CASAC, LCSW - Delanson
- Scott Heider LMSW - Glens Falls
- Steven DiMarzo LMHC - Schenectady