For over forty years, Rensselaer County Department of Mental Health has maintained responsibility and a commitment to the mental hygiene needs of our residents by monitoring and continuously improving the system of behavioral healthcare services delivered in the county. We work collaboratively with a consortium of agencies that serve individuals enrolled in programs funded by the NYS Offices of Mental Health, Office of Persons With Developmental Disabilities and the Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse. Committed to excellence, we provide comprehensive mental hygiene services that promote resiliency and recovery.
Unified Services, Rensselaer County Mental Health Department provides the following programs:
- Unified Services for Children & Adolescents Outpatient Clinic
- Forensic Services
- Rensselaer City Center Outpatient Treatment
- Non-Medicaid Care Coordination
- Hoosick Falls Satellite Outpatient Treatment
- Health Home Care Coordination Services for Adults
- Services to residents of Private Proprietary Homes for Adults (PPHA)
- Children’s Health Home Care Coordination
- MICA (Mental Illness and Chemical Addiction) Outreach and Assessment Services
- Medicaid Service Coordination
- Substance Abuse Prevention Services (SAP)
- Single Point of Access – SPOA (adult housing and children and youth care coordination)
The Substance Abuse Prevention Team (SAP) is positioned throughout local school districts in Rensselaer County. SAP’s are Master Level Substance Abuse Prevention counselors who utilize science based programming. This program is funded through New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services.
- Elementary Level
- The SAP’s at the Elementary Level provide substance abuse prevention to elementary schools. Services include curriculum presentations, assessments, group counseling, referrals, interventions, consultations, science based programs and family programs.
- Middle – High School Level
- The SAP’s at the Middle – High School Level provide short term individual counseling, assessments, crisis intervention, referrals, science based programs and family programs. Services also include educational presentations, consultations with parents, school staff and related community individuals.